Designed with flexibility in mind
Motive.io can host a variety of content types for your app:
- Images, video, audio, other media types (stored in S3)
- Customizable game data delivered as JSON. Examples include:
- Game characters descriptions
- Crafting information (recipes, ingredients, etc).
Motive “scripts”, allowing you to create and deliver interactive experiences over the internet without having to distribute a new app build.
Limited server dependencies
Motive.io apps do not rely on the Motive.io server while they are running*. Once the app data has been synced from the server, the client-side Motive script processor does the heavy lifting to bring the app to life. This has a number of benefits:
- Apps only download new data when it changes on the server, speeding up startup times.
- Users on the road can sync their apps when they’re connected to WiFi and not worry about roaming or other data charges when they’re using the app.
- Apps continue to run flawlessly in the face of intermittent or poor internet connectivity.
- Apps are much more responsive than server-dependent apps since all of the content and interactivity is handled on the device.
*Note that apps that rely on social features or interaction do rely on an internet connection for these interactions.