Dashboard–Your Creative Control Room
The dashboard has everything you need to create your experience and manage your projects. The main sections are:
- Resources & Activity
- Account Information
Scripts are at the core of interactive mobile app development
This is what drives the action! Using scripts, you can easily drag-and-drop interaction points, catalog items and make them happen at the exact time and place you want. Your entire experience is defined in a script. Whether is sequential, branching, open-world or conditional our script editor is the professional tool you have been seeking. It is made up of three parts:
- Frames - Each script is made up of one or more frames. These frames can depend on one another or act independently.
- Frame Editor - This is made up of three distinct parts.
- Precondition - (ex. When the user is within 20 meters from a GPS point, When the user has collected 5 items, When it is raining, etc…)
- Frame Resources - This could be playing a sound, making an AR asset appear, adding to the user’s inventory or one of many more possibilities
- Postcondition - Something to check after the resources have been activated.
- Resource Collection - All of the possible resources that can be used in a frame.
Catalogs are the backbone of the authoring tool. They allow you to organize the things you want to use in your experience by category. There are several types of catalogs: Collectibles, Locations, Media, Characters, Tours, Crafting Recipes, AR Assets, Story Points and many more. You can use catalog items in your scripts. The main catalog editor looks like this:
As you can see, the editor has three main parts:
- The list of catalog items.
- A place to edit the values of an item
- A list of all the catalogs in your project
Certain catalogs have special editors such as a location catalog. This makes it easy to create GPS points that you can use in your experience.