There are many factors involved in successfully scaling VR training in an organization. Your ability to scale VR depends on keeping costs at a reasonable level. One of the best ways to control costs is to ensure that training professionals have the right tools.
- Scaling VR training means a better trained, more efficient and safer workforce. Everybody wants that.
- Producing VR training can be slow and expensive depending on the processes being used.
- Process improvements in the creation, updating and distribution of VR content will reduce their time and costs.
- Achieve these improvements by giving training professionals direct control of the VR content wherever possible.
- Control of the VR content depends on training professionals having tools that they can use. The right tools will fit their skill sets and can be learned quickly.
- When trainers have tools they can use, developers are involved less often. Less developer involvement reduces the time and cost of producing VR training. Once trainers have a VR environment, the right tools let them create VR training scenarios without developers.
- Lower costs and faster in-house content creation will allow you to produce more VR training. This means more of your employees can benefit from it.
- Study after study shows VR training will reduce training time and yield better results. Knowledge retention improves, accidents happen less and employees are better prepared to do their jobs. As more employees use VR training, more of these impacts will be realized.
- The impacts of improved training will result in an increase in savings overall. This makes scaling VR training possible.
If you are already using VR for training, find tools that match the skill set of your training team. If you have not started your VR training project yet, ask vendors about the tools they provide. This will help you find the right fit for your team and put you on the path to scale VR training from the start.
Are you currently looking for a VR vendor? The long-term viability of your project depends on choosing the right one. Here are 15 questions every VR vendor should be able to answer:
Download the checklist: 15 Questions for your VR Vendor.
Stay in the Know
Want to stay up-to-date with what is going on in the world of immersive training? Subscribe to the Motive Blog.